The content of this website is continuously being reviewed to ensure that it meets your needs
This website has been designed to be as accessible to as many users as possible, including:
- people with disabilities that may use assistive technologies
- those with slower internet connections
- rural and regional users
- those with hand held devices and mobile phones.
The World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) has produced the Website Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0 (WCAG 2.0) to assist website designers, developers and administrators in producing accessible pages and content. There are three levels of accessibility compliance; Level A, AA and AAA.
This website, slip.landgate.wa.gov.au aims to achieve at least Level A compliance on all pages. There are some historical documents however, that cannot be optimised for accessibility and therefore do not meet this level of compliance.
Accessibility features of slip.landgate.wa.gov.au
The accessibility features on this site include:
- Clear and descriptive use of headings and links, with the most important information appearing at the top of the page.
- Ability for users with assistive technologies to jump to the main content and main navigation links.
- Access to all content on the website using the keyboard only, by pressing the 'Tab' key to navigate between links, form fields and interactive components.
- Functionality for increasing or decreasing the text size.
- Descriptive text for images (ALT text) that can be read by assistive technologies.
- High contrast colour scheme to assist users with visual impairments.
- Use of lightweight images and design elements to decrease load times.
- Accessibility feedback and/or complaints
If you are having trouble accessing any of the pages or sections within this site, please send an email (including the location of the page you are trying to access) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that you can also request to acquire any documents available on this website in the following formats:
- Printed (hard-copy)
- Documents made available in an alternative format such as a plain text file.